WAKING UP WITHOUT YOU


Waking up without you

The alarm sounds. Snooze is not an option any more. The extra 10 minutes of shuteye doesn't matter. As tired as my eyes are from the night before, my whole body is awake and still living this nightmare. As I stare at the ceiling, numb and tired, I dread having to face another day, another day without you. I think of all our good mornings, getting ready to tackle the day, getting prettied up to fit in the world of 9 to 5. I think of how I used to plant a kiss on your cheeks, on your lips, before I walk out that door. It's not the same any more. Waking up to a new day still holds the emptiness I feel inside. The torture I have to endure each day without you. Waking up without you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW ARE YOU DOING?

AND SO IT BEGINS...AGAIN